SUBJECT : Filling of Application for the 28 January 2024 Career Service Examination for Froeign Service Officer (CSE-FSO)
The Civil Service Commission Regional Office 1 announces the conduct of the Career Service Examination – Foreign Service Officer (CSE-FSO)*, with details as follows:
𝗗𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗘𝘅𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻:
𝟮𝟴 𝗝𝗮𝗻𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰
Date of Examination : 28 January 2024
Testing Centers in Region 1 : San Fernando City, La Union and Calasiai
Application Period : 18 September to 20 October 2023
Where to File :
- BFSE Secretariat 2nd Floor, DFA Main Building 2330, Roxas Blvd., Pasay City
- Consular Offices within and Outside Metro Manila (please refer to list of DFA offices in DFA-BFSE Announcement)
- Philippine Embassies, Consulates, or Missions Abroad
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Citizenship – Filipino citizens and concurrently permanent residents of the Philippines
- Education – graduates of a four (4) year bachelor’s degree course or higher on or before the prescribed due date of submission of requirements, and they must present the transcript of records and either the diploma, certificate of graduation, or its equivalent, from a college or university of recognized standing
- Work Experience or Further Studies – possess at least two (2) years employment or further studies or a combination of both, after graduating from college or university
How to Apply
- Fill out the FSO Examination application form (to be printed on 8 ½ in. x 13 in. or long bond paper.) This form can be downloaded from the DFA website (https://dfa.gov.ph/fsoexams).
- Download and fill out Civil Service Form No. 100 (to be printed on 8 ½ in. x 13 in. or long bond paper) from the CSC website: (http://csc.gov.ph/2014-02-21-08-28-23/pdf-files/category/174-csform100-revised2016.html) The CSC form shall serve as your admission to take the CSE-FSOE Qualifying Test.
- Submit the accomplished forms to any of the DFA Consular Offices and other offices mentioned on page 1 of this Advisory.
- Attach the following documents to the completed application form:
a. Original/Certified true copy (CTC) and photocopy of transcript of records and diploma from the college or university from which the bachelor’s degree or post-graduate degree, if available, was obtained, bearing the seal of the college or university. The photocopies will be submitted to BFSE while the original/CTC will be returned to the applicant.
b. Any diploma or certificate of graduation and transcript of records obtained from a foreign school should be certified as a true copy by the foreign school, with the English translation, and duly authenticated by a Philippine Foreign Service Post (FSP) exercising jurisdiction over the country where the foreign school is located. The photocopies will be submitted to BFSE while the original will be returned to the applicant.
c. Original and photocopy of birth certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). The photocopy will be submitted to BFSE while the original will be returned to the applicant.
d. The Report of Birth issued and authenticated by Philippine FSPs may also be submitted in case the birth certificate issued by the PSA is not available. A certification of non-availability of the birth certificate issued by the FSP shall be submitted together with the Report of Birth.
e. For married applicants: original and photocopy of marriage contract issued by the PSA. The photocopy will be submitted to BFSE while the original will be returned to the applicant.
f. Two (2) valid government-issued IDs. The originals must be presented upon the submission of documents. Three (3) photocopies of each of the IDs will be submitted to BFSE while the original IDs will be returned to the applicant.
g. For examinees who are currently or previously employed, original and photocopy of the Certificate of Employment issued by the employer. The photocopy will be submitted to BFSE while the original will be returned to the applicant.
h. Duly accomplished and notarized CSC and FSOE application forms. The CSC application form will be submitted to BFSE Secretariat to the CSC for the Qualifying Test, while the FSOE application form will be kept for the BFSE’s records.
i. Eight colored photographs: 4.5cm and 3.5cm; with white background; taken within three (3) months prior to filing of application; printed on good quality photo paper; in standard close-up shot; showing the full frontal view of the face of the applicant with the applicant’s full and handwritten (not computer-generated) name tag in the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and extension name (if any) and signature over printed name.
Applications with incomplete documentary requirements shall not be accepted. A non-refundable admission fee of five hundred pesos (₱500.00) shall be collected once the application form and supporting documents are inspected and accepted by the concerned DFA office.
For complete details on QUALIFICATION/ADMISSION and APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS, including the complete list of DFA offices, please refer to the DFA – Board of Foreign Service Examinations Announcement thru this link: https://tinyurl.com/FSO2024AnnouncementRO1.
- The CSE-FSO is conducted in collaboration with the DFA-BFSE and also serves as the first part (Qualifying Test) of the DFA’s five-part Foreign Service Officer Examination to recruit candidates for the position of FSO, Class IV.
** The DFA-BFSE and CSC reserve the right to modify the list depending on the number of applicants for each testing center.